Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kill Bill Vol 2 (2004)



 A fitting and benevolent end to a gruesome, touching, and wild story of sorrowful revenge.  I thought it was a drastic change to flip from Japanese Yakuza and Samurai inspired style to Deperado/early Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee style but, I was wrong.  The two mismatched genres play together beautifully.  The lack of character development in part I was in stark contrast to part II.  Strangely, I most identified with the character of Bud throughout both films.  I also loved the line: "Wakie Wakie, Eggs and Bakie."  His character was full of sorrow and disgust, coupled with cocky redneck bravado.  For all the technical and violent awesome of volume I, part II is a disturbingly fitting counter point.
 
Other thoughts:
The five palm exploding heart technique is sweet.
Shogun Assassin should be referenced more often
I should work on playing "possum" more often
David Carradine rocks
I hope Elle Driver return in some other fashion as a blind seer or Zatoichi style swordsman

Ratings:

Brides:  Skip it

Mothers:  See it

Indomitable spirits: See it

GZA:  your a genius, See it

Blue Monkeys:  See it

On a scale of Desperado to Iron Monkey, I give Kill Bill volume 2 4.12987 out of 5 stars.    

No comments:

Post a Comment