Friday, February 3, 2012

The Incredibles (2004)



I love this movie.  Every time I watch it I like something different about it.  There are homages everywhere; the bad guy's death ships are from the terminator franchise, the island volcano lair with egg shuttles is from "You Only Live Twice", the spinning blade ship chase  through the jungle is a strict Tie-Fighter through asteroid field homage, The Underminer's death car is like Shredder's, the baby's powers seem to work like Kirby, it goes on and on and on.  GEEK OUT!!  This time I enjoyed watching the character Edna.  She reminds me of Zsa Zsa Gabor and Yoko Ono all in one.  I also have a soft spot for characters who are shorter than than their cigarette holders are long.

Ratings:

Geeks:  See it

Craig T Nelson lovers:  See it

Professional Malcontents:  Skip it

Bomb Voyage:  See it

Always wanted Henchman and an Evil scheme but just never got around to it:  See it

On a scale of Dr. No to an all night rave on a beautiful beach in Greece, I give The Incredibles 3.8 out of 5 stars.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment