Saturday, October 27, 2018

A Star is Born (2018)

Image result for a star is born

Jack: Can I tell you a secret?

[Ally looks over to him]

Jack: I think you might be a songwriter. And don't worry, I won't tell anybody. But I'm not very good at keeping secrets.

And we have a clear winner for the best film of 2018 so far and it's not even close.

1. Gaga is Cher but better. 3.0 if you will.
2. To my chagrin, Bradly Cooper can sing, well.    And direct with intention.
3. Sam Elliot is a confluence of soul, sadness, wisdom, and grit.

Here's how I knew I was watching something special. First, I clapped at the end of a performance in the theater just like if I had been in the scene. Second, I cried multiple times. And third, I remembered song lyrics and quotes instantly.

I can't recommend that people with or without souls see A Star is Born. A remake that doesn't make me want to talk about it.

4.28 out 5 stars.

Oh and yes, Andrew Dice Clay is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment