Friday, October 26, 2018

Lilo and Stitch

Image result for lilo and stitch
Lilo: IT'S FISH!! If I gave Pudge tuna, I'd be an abomination! I'm late because I had to go to the store, to get peanut butter, because all we have is, is stinking tuna!!

Stitch: "'Ohana" means "family."

Yeah, I'd never seen this. Sometimes things like this just happen.

What an adorably sad sad movie. It's nothing special in the grand theme of things but, it is made me feel and that is worthy of praise to the creators.

oh and everyone could use more Hawaiian-era Elvis in their lives.

Looking backwards now it impossible that Disney knew or planned for this to be their animated release post 9-11 (obviously), but given that they made cuts and changes to avoid linking the movie to the tragedy, it was clearly on theirs and everyone's mind.

I've been thinking about a direct allegory between Stitch and the Post 9-11 era.  I know it's flimsy..but what is the point of a blog if not put out an untested idea?

Stitch, the fuzzy ball of chaos looking to escape and indestructibly irrational is America in 2002.
Stitch settles down with his new family, controlling his nature. So might America -eventually.

3.2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment