Saturday, October 7, 2017

Bleed For This (2016)



Kevin Rooney: I mean, you just don't know how to give up.
Vinny Pazienza: No, I do. Trust me, I do. I know exactly how to give up. You know what scares the shit out of me, Kev? Is that it's easy.

-Boxing movies all kinda swish together now. Same plots, same boxing shots, same training sequences. Bleed For This proved to be up to a high standard yet; seen a different boxing movie, seen Bleed For This.

Maybe, I just don't get boxing; (I don't.), but I've seen a lot of boxing movies and I am now seeing that the recipe is wearing thin. In a strange correlation, the boxing movie decline has been a sin-curve behind the fall of boxing as a sport.

Two notes
1:  I may be in the minority here, but Aaron Eckhart did a really good job wit the paunch, the accent, the make-up and the balding. Weird; no doubt, but true commitment.

2:  I keep seeing Miles Teller movies. I don't know why? I haven't liked him, but I keep going back to the well. I think it's time to admit, that the shade I throw his way is out of my own misplaced jealous and confusion, not his lack of skill.  I will change my tune and do my best to get on board with his, so far, meteoric career.  The boy can box too.

2.75 out of 5: See it, but don't go out of your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment