Monday, March 17, 2014

The Big Lebowski (1998)



"Has the whole world gone crazy!?  Am the only one who gives a shit about the rules?!  Mark it ZERO!" (Walter Sobchack)
"Whoo, I'm bowling rocks tonight.  You guys are dead in the water." (Donny-Theodore Donald Kerabatsos)
"What in god's holy name are you blathering about?" (Jeffrey Lebowski-The Big Lebowski)
"I don't like your jerk-off name, I don't like your jerk-off face, I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you....jerk-off. (Chief of the Malibu Police force- a real reactionary.)

I'm just so happy that The Big Lebowski finally made it onto my blog.  I love this movie so much. From 1999 to 2004 I probably watched it at least once every 2 months.  I can quote basically every line. "I am the Walrus."  I someday would want my children walk into the middle of a movie and ask... "Do you see what happens, Larry, when you meet a stranger in the alps!" *this is the TBS sound editing for television for the original. Hahahahaha

It is a "fictitious" life goal of mine to emulate the dude and be high in the running for laziest man in the world.

Synopsis:  With a quirky and witty script, brilliant acting, and a flair for the deranged and quixotic, The Big Lebowski is a cultural touchstone and worth seeing, even if it is totally weird and devoid of traditional sense.
On a scale of El duderino to Ralph's coffee can, I give The Big Lebowski 4.4 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment