Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thor: The Dark World (2013) *Special Guest Review by Larkspurblossom



**~**Spoilers**~**

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." - Loki (to Thor)

Your brother isn't coming, is he? -Dr. Erik Selvig
Loki is dead. -Thor
Thank God... I'm so sorry. -Dr. Erik Selvig

First of all, comic book movies are awesome. They (usually) come out every year on or around my birthday in May, so maybe that was my precursor to liking them so much; I always knew that there would be something to see for my birthday that would have action, comedy, a bit of romance, and a bit of drama as well. Thor was no exception. Perhaps the criticism I have for it is that it, and everything Marvel churns out, is becoming incredibly formulaic. Big strong superhero has problems at home, comes in to save the day, girl gets sappy, evil forces get vanquished, and then BOOM! Cliffhanger!

Would I be happier with whatever ending Thor gave, if I didn't know that he'd return to my movie screen in the 2nd Avengers movie? Probably. Does that mean I didn't enjoy having him (shirtless) in said movie? Not at all. Just because I enjoyed the visual appealing-ness of Thor 2 does not mean that I agreed with the director's cuts and choices of random scenes to move the story along.

That said, good job Christopher Eccleston. I had no idea that was you.
Also, Renee Russo: when did you become such a badass??

So. Ratings. I never understand the blog's, so I guess this means I get to be as random as possible with mine.

From a scale of Odin's-day to Thor's-day, I give Thor: The Dark World a rating of 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment