Saturday, August 18, 2012

Extract (2009)



"There he goes....Johnny-horse-cock."  (Ben Afleck, as Dean)

Whelming, Yup, Whelming.  I'm going to admit that I watched this movie because I was actually looking to watch whatever that movie with JT and Mila Kunis was, but I ended up watching this.  Yup.

Extract features a reasonable cast, and they do reasonable jobs. -oh but Gene Simmons is in this movie for just a few minutes and he is pretty great.  Pure bilious swill erupts from his mouth.

I will also add that for a movie that was supposedly featuring Mila Kunis as a "sex-pot" con-artist, she was not in the movie enough for her to meet the requirements of the archetype, and she was not given the camera-time or super shots to be enticing.  (I found her way more attractive in Black Swan.)  Her acting was just fine...I just wish the editors, Mike Judge, the producers, and writers had not squandered her talents.

Strangely, Extract spent a lot of time with Ben Afleck's character who was actually non-essential to the plot.  So, while he was funny....I don't get that either.

In the end, while the movie was acceptable and even respectable "I chuckled a couple times; mostly at David Koechner".  Extract was a diluted Office Space.

Ratings:

On a date?:  There could be worse choices

Got the giggles:  Sure, see it

Actually make extract for a living:  Skip it

Pool boys:  See it

Con-Artists:  Skip it

On a scale of plumber's trap to plumber's crack, I give Extract (2009), 2.7 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment