Monday, May 7, 2012

Ultimate Avengers I & II (2006)

File:UltimateAvengers.jpg

I really kept the geek-in going by going home and netflixing UA1, but then was surprised when a friend said "Didn't you see UA2?".  So I ended up watching both.  Animation masterpieces they are were not.  They relied heavily on that the viewer already knew what was going on, offered little to no background information, and didn't really challenge the status quo for Avengers.  They were cool enough for a made for DVD animated feature.  I have to say that sometimes even I get a little confused as to the relationships between HYDRA, the Nazis, and the Vibranium coated Aliens, but I guess I just think about this stuff too much sometimes.  The best character from the cartoon is clearly Thor.  So woohoo to reasonably well made cartoons.

Ratings

Girl Scouts:  skip it

Raining outside:  See it

Can't sleep on a Thursday night:  See it

Mad Scientist about to take over the world:  Skip it

Double Feature Date:  Skip it

On a scale from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean, I give Ultimate Avengers I & II 2.6 out of 5 stars.    

No comments:

Post a Comment