Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The People vs. George Lucas (2010)



If from previous posts you readers haven't guessed that I like Star Wars, I would be surprised.  (I like Star Wars.)  However, while I am a huge nerd, I am not a "fan boy".  I like to feel that I obsess within the bounds of reason and tact.  I am of the opinion that George Lucas gave us Star Wars.  (THANK YOU!!!!)  We loved it.  We thought it perfect.  He thought it unfinished.  He remade his originals.  He has has every right to change his originals.  I wish he hadn't, but.....  We have every right to complain, but very little moral right to hate him to the level that people do.  Star Wars I, II, and III and the remakes didn't actually hurt anyone, put anyone in jeopardy, or cause intentional distress.  I don't find episodes I, II, or III to be entirely objectionable.  (Yeah, they are not great....Whatever...seldom do sequels or in this case 4ths 5ths or 6ths compare to the original.)  It's actually sort of sad in my opinion that we can't "Let go, fans" and trust the force.  I guess that would be too Jedi of us.

I do wish he would keep the originals around for historical re-release, and that he would just own up to the Star Wars Christmas Special.  -Let it go.  Sometimes, great men make crap.

Ratings:

Fan Boys: Skip it  (You've already passed judgement.)

Jedis:  Skip it  (You probably had a premonition about the future about his movie.)

Sith:  See it  (Revel in chaos.)

Got two free hours:   Do what ever seems best

Never seen Star Wars: Skip it   (Don't let all this spoil the magic that was/is Star Wars.)

On a scale of Ron Gant to Kent Hrbek, I give The People vs. George Lucas 3.0 out of 5 stars.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment