Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Everything Must Go (2010)



Impressive.  Most impressive.  A sad sad movie from start to finish.  It's refreshing to just have unleavened sorrow in film.  I even felt sort of wrong that I was drinking a beer while watching a movie about a man's struggle with alcoholism.  (It's very serious.)  I give a very serious tip of my cap to Will Ferrell for agreeing to be in this movie and taking a true dramatic leap.  I also thought the concept of having all of your possessions out on your lawn on the worst day of your life was rather touching and strangely accessible.  It made me think about all the useless stuff I have in my life that I never use.  I might just feel better without it all.  Take that materialism.

Ratings:

Divorced:  See it  (It could be cathartic........?)

Business savvy:  See it  (Learn the social cultural pitfalls.)

Garage sale-aholic:  See it

Couples:  Skip it

Possessionsists:  See it

On a scale of cod liver oil to sunshine, I give Everything Must Go 3.75 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment