Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: a Game of Shadows (2011)



Sherlock Holmes: a Game of Shadows is good movie.  I like it.  The plot was thin.  It was filled with loose connections that didn't make sense, and the finishing conclusion based on "clues" given was specious, convoluted, and ridiculous.  So naturally, I liked it.  What I did like about this movie was strictly the style and the pure character interconnection that drove Robert Downy and Judd law to excess.  For the record, while I do not in anyway belittle the prowess of RD Jr. I think Judd Law is a better actor on the whole.  I'm always torn  between whether Guy Ritchie is a great director or not.  I actually thought that this movie would have failed without his skilled hand at the helm.  The idea of future forecasting fight sequences was really quite brilliant.  Additionally, if the movie was smooth and balanced, audiences would become bored quickly by the plot and the movie would have failed miserably.  Nice job Guy.

Ratings:

Warmongers: Skip it

Fans of European Architecture: See it

Bantter-aphiles: See it

Reality Clingers: Skip it

Frenatics: See it

On a scale of Bologna to Pastrami I give Sherlock Holmes: a Game of Shadows 2.8 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment