Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Big Sick (2017)





















Emily: [Whilst using her phone to book an uber] Listen, I had a really nice time, thank you very much. I'm just going to like, call an Uber, go home and I hope
[gets interrupted by Kumail's phone alert]
Emily: Just...
Kumail: [showing Emily the Uber request] Your driver will be ready as soon as he puts on his pants.

Oh what oh what do sad jokes do to turn that corner and generate laughter and empathy? It's like the pain that comes from when one cannot accept that a just world would continue to rain evil spirits on a single individual. -It just gets funnier and funnier. We the viewers demand that the karmic wheels flip over.

That was The Big Sick for me. Yeah it had some levity, but most of the jokes and situations just get worse and worse and worse, and thus long term chuckles ensue. But, if you aren't down for The Office level of cringe worthy pain...this might not be your bag. To me, very understated.

This was my first of two movies, with Adeel Akhtar. IMDB I hope he gets more roles.

3.3 out of 5 -I would encourage viewership.

No comments:

Post a Comment