Friday, June 7, 2013

The Princess Bride (1987)



"Beat it or I'll call the brute squad" (Miracle Max -Billy Crystal)
"I'm on the brute squad." (Fezzig -Andre the Giant)
"You are the brute squad (Miracle Max)

"Inconceivable!" (Venzini)
"Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line" (Venzini)

"My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die."

"To the death?" (Prince Humperdink)
"No, to the pain." (Wesley)

I don't think I need to write a great deal about how amazing the The Princess Bride is.  Walk up to any person between the ages of 20 and 40.  Reference The Princess Bride and watch the smile light up across their face.

No more needs be said.

Ratings

Mark Knoffler:  Your score is amazing

Rob Reiner:  I don't really know how you could improve upon your direction

Peter Faulk/Fred Savage:  You are now forever immortalized as Grandpa and Kevin

Lovers:  A must

Haters:  I've never met one for this movie.  I don't think there are any.

On a scale of one shot of iocane powder to the supposed 100 beers that Andre The Giant drank in one sitting, I give The Princess Bride 4.3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment