Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Blues Brothers (1980)



" I hate Illinois Nazis." (Jake Blues)

"We had a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline." (Donald Duck Dunn)

"Ya got my cheesewhiz boy?"  (Old man to Elwood)

I could write three real entries about how much this film rocks..but I guess I'll just keep it short.

I love The Blues Brothers because:
 if my church was like this, I would go every night. 1
because every movie should have John Lee Hooker in it.
because this whole sequence, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFDLCd5IOg, makes me happy.  And it inspired this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmG0DqhfDbY

because their horn section includes Blue Lou Marini, Tom Bones Malone, and Mr. Fabulous
because Steven Spielberg and Frank Oz make awesome cameos
because Cab Calloway was the man
because this movie taught me about "Rawhide" and "Stand by your man"
oh and Nazis fly off unfinished bridges.

Ratings
From Chicago?:  See it
Can Watoosie?:  See it
John Candy:  See it
Police Cars:  Skip it (This movie is the Rambo of Police Car destruction and incompetence.)
Carrie Fisher:  See it

On a scale from dry white toast to 4 friend chickens and a coke, I give The Blues Brothers 3.87 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment