Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Safety not Guranteed (2012)



"Wanted:  Someone to go back in time with me.  This is not a joke." (AD from the movie)

Wow!!  Here's to a movie my roommate said I should watch because it had people from "The League", "New Girl", and "Parks and Rec", in it.  I'm often swayed into thinking that a movie will be good because people who I think are OK in somethings are cast in the film, but, YEAH!!    Safety Not Guaranteed is wonderful.

I think what I loved most about this film was just the pure concept.  Three people from a magazine go out to coastal Washington to interview and learn more about someone who put an ad in a magazine looking for a partner to go back in time with.  Something about that is just brilliant.  It's like leaving most of the canvas blank so one can talk about all the things that are important to the idea of going back in time.  Why do you go back?  What  reasons are good enough for going back?  Is regret a pure motivation?  Can we ever go back in time without the machine? (Spoiler)  And now more than 24hrs post view... I am extremely happy that nothing gets truly resolved at the end.  A: It didn't matter...and B:  It was the point of the movie.  Things can't be resolved.

Ratings

New Girls:  See it

Time Travelers:  See it

Fantasy Football Fans: Skip it

Wallowers: See it

Screenwriter:  See it

On a scale of driving a Delorean at 87 MPH to driving a Delorean at 88 MPH, I give Safety not Guaranteed 3.8 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment