Monday, December 2, 2013

About Time (2013)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFyCfFJC0no  (Il Mondo)

"Best song ever recorded by an Italian who looks like he's got a dead badger on his head," (Dad- Bill Nighy)

What a beautiful and emotionally tender movie. I wish it had a bit more substance, but that probably would have ruined the feelings and broad strokes of memory that About Time worked so hard to create.

Alternatively, if the director and producers had taken the opposite approach to the exact same premise for a film, I fully believe that they could have made a far different yet equally engaging movie.  If I had the power to go back in time whenever I wanted and spend time as I felt, there really wouldn't be anything more important than love, so I maintain content in their production decisions.

Ratings
Lovers:  See it
Sappy lovers:  Skip it.  it's too much
Dr. Who?:  See it
Wedding Planners: See it
Awkward Brits: See it

On a scale of Time Bandits to Turtles in Time, I give About Time 3.2 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment