Thursday, May 30, 2013

Butter (2011)




"Whatever.  I get pregnant like twice a month."  (Olivia Wilde)

I don't think butter was meant to be a blockbuster/  I think someone merely talked to the Weinstein  Company and convinced them to finance a loser at all the art house theaters.  And I think that makes sense form a PR sense...not to mention appearing to be a company that doesn't make decisions based on pure ROI calculations will create buzz down the road.

Now to the film,  I just don't like Jennifer Garner.  I've seen many movies with her, Electra, The Invention of Lying, Juno, and I've even watched some Alias////but alas.  She is pretty.  She hits all of her cues. She emotes.  She has crazy eyes, but still don't really like her as an actress.  I have no doubt that she one day may surprise me and I will eat my words written here, but to date I have never been awed by any of her performances.

Butter has some honorable mentions and deserves a huge shout out to the Casting Director.  (How did you get all these big names to be in something so small, silly, and wonderful?) *Seriously tell me your secrets.

And I will state that the true star of Butter was actually Yara Shihidi.  How someone so young can be so awesome boggles my mind.

Ratings

Never seen a butter sculpture contest?:  See it
Seen butter contests in real life?:  See it
Rob Cordry:  Your rock.
Hugh Jackman:  See your own rural accent and awesome line deliveries
Love butter?:  See it

On a scale of Butter on your burns to water on your burns, I give butter 3/2 stars out of 5/

No comments:

Post a Comment