Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tommy Boy (1995)



"Hey, quit playin with your dingy."  (Tommy Callahan)

Sometimes one should leave well enough alone.  Yup, that's how I feel about Tommy Boy.  I probably saw Tommy Boy in 95, 98, 99, 03, and  few more times that I've forgotten.  Each time I see it, I sort of wish I could forget I watched it so as not to muddy the memory

If one could only be 10 or 11 and watch Tommy Boy for the first time all the time.  That would be pretty great.

All in all.  Tommy Boy is a blah movie that has a great deal of nostalgia attached to it for me that sadly diminishing over time.  "Fat guy in a little coat."  Yup, Chris Farley and David Spade are pretty great. They were a little like Laruel and Hardy.  Other than that, Brian Dennehy has great 15 minutes, and Rob Lowe is awful.

Oh and way to keep the whole "singin like bros" thing from Wayne's World alive.  It's sort of become a cliche now...but I love it.

Ratings

Bros:  Skip it

Salesmen:  See it

Business students: See it

Critics: Get far far away

Beverly Hill's ninjas:  See it

On a scale of D+ to D*, I give Tommy Boy 2.95 out of 5 stars.    

No comments:

Post a Comment