Monday, April 23, 2012

Animal House (1978)



It's slightly sad that this movie is so timeless and yet is showing signs of age.  Perhaps, it is because college has changed.  I first watched Animal House when I was in jr. high.  I was impressionable.  It did make me want to go to college.  I went to college.  After college, the movie, while still great, has lost a very slight amount of its former brilliance.  My favorite character is still D-Day.  Bruce McGill, you will live on forever.  Otis Day and the Knights can always play Shout and I will dance the "GATOR!!!!"  Double secret probation just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.  Flounder will forever be Flounder.

Ratings:

Frat brothers: Must see it.

Blonde with a Beehive:  See it

Trouble makers:  See it

TOGA TOGA!!

Germans that bombed pearl harbor:  You already saw it

On a scale of American cafeteria food fights to British cafeteria food fights, I give Animal House 3.45 out of 5 stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment