Tuesday, February 19, 2019

RBG (2018)

Image result for ruth bader ginsburg documentary
"I'm very similar to the Notorious BIG; we're both from Brooklyn." -Ruth Bader Ginsburg

It's a bit of a praise bio. I'm of the opinion that she deserves praise, but if you were interested in a more nuanced understanding of her cases, her legal scholarship, etc.  -Which I am- then RBG will leave you a bit underwhelmed.

For those who are unfamiliar with the workings of the US Supreme Court and the positions of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I highly suggest RGB.  If you just want to revel in the career and impact of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I suggest RGB.  If you just hate RGB, yeah you should watch it.

That said. It's not a particularly inspired biographical film.

3.4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment