Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Royal Night Out (2015)



"Margaret!" -Everyone, all the time

I am not a royalty nut. In fact, I generally couldn't be bothered. Royalty is a manifestation of history, magic, and escapist fantasy, but tangible and real in our modern world.

So....A Royal Night Out is basically just a filmed fan fic. I don't mean to malign it, but only place it in context.  A+ fan fiction indeed.

So if you want a silly romp of royals out amongst the commons, lindi-hoppin their care away on VE day...A Royal Night Out meets all criteria. If you were looking for anything else, story, plot, historical accuracy, acting, accents, etc, you are out of luck.

Tis a a silly but pleasing fiction.

On a scale of VE day to VD day, I give A Royal Night Out 2.3 out  5 star.

*This is my second movie with Jack Reynor.  I think we should all be on the look for his future.



No comments:

Post a Comment