Monday, October 31, 2016

The Shallows (2016)














"I'm not dying here." - Nancy

Blake Lively vs. A Shark:  That's basically it.  I think we've all seen this before.  And it does not disappoint. Blake Lively fights a shark. Yup.   To not disappoint is actually a remarkable achievement. In my mind, The Shallows has put itself in contention for  Top 5 shark movies of all time.  Most are just pure trash. Take a look at this list: 1  In this company, The Shallows is head and shoulders above.  I say well done.   -though can't say that I wouldn't enjoy watching Jersey Shore Shark Attack.

Kudos to the writers of The Shallows for placing our damsel in distress on the back of a rotting whale.  Just wonderful.

On a scale of Mega-Shark to Mecha-Shark, I give The Shallows 3.3 out of 4 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment