Friday, May 22, 2015

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Image result for avengers age of ultron

"I have a better theory.  You are all not worthy." -Thor

As you may have noticed (if any of you are long time readers) that I enjoy Marvel movies. They are crafted just well enough to be a great experience....but are in no way art. Fish in a barrel.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed The Age of Ultron. I could tell that the sparkle was slightly diminished from The Avengers' previous incarnation. I applaud Joss Whedon for doing the what amounts to basically the impossible.  The only down side is that he has succeeded before with panche. so anything else is a let down.

There is no greater meaning to Age of Ultron other than nerdom.  I wish there was...but...meh.

Cool movie, cool characters, well packaged, same as always. Woot!

I did notice that Black Widow was less overtly sexy in her exits from screen as compared to the first Avengers film.  This is probably for the better.

Things I liked:

Linda Cardellini

"Code Green"

Andy Serkis (just cuz, I like him.  He was not particularly central to the film.)

Things I didn't like so much:

Ultron's motivation: Its not bad...but I guess I just would have wished his horrifying logic was more clear.

James Spáder: I like you.  You were the original Daniel Jackson. I didn't necessarily like your performance as Ultron. It was well crafted, meticulous, and purposeful...but not my cup of tea when it comes to super villains.

On a scale of Phase II to liquids, I give The Avengers: Age of Ultron 3.0 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment