Saturday, May 23, 2015

Castles in the Sky (2014)

Image result for castles in the sky 2014

"That was a stupid idea, but it was the least stupid idea we've heard today."-Albert Rowe
"You're trying to build a death ray. Yeah..that will never work."- Robert Watson Watt

So I watched this mistakenly when I was trying to watch Castle In the Sky. I was disappointed enough to stop after 5 minutes, but those 5 minutes were enough to make me come back and watch the whole film later.  Very impressive.

As historical dramas go, I liked Castles in the Sky.  The story of the origins of radar was worth a movie.  I had my doubts, but no longer.

I always seem to doubt the acting abilities of Eddie Izzard.  I shouldn't, but I do.  Based on Castles in the Sky, I will endeavor to give him all due credit.

In terms of quality, I think the BBC generally does a fine job.  Cuts are sharp. The script is concise and the accents are, for an American, spot on.

On a slight negative critique, It was unclear if Robert Watt ended up breaking up with his wife or if they got back together or if there was any resolution at all.  I think I was supposed to understand that they divorced...but it was just unclear.

On a scale of full windsor to half windsor, I give Castles in the Sky 2.6 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment