Monday, October 13, 2014

The November Man (2014)



Peter Devereaux: "He's probably the best friend I've ever had."
Alice Fournier: "Al your friends try to kill you?"
Peter Devereaux: "Eventuallly."


I saw Goldeneye.  I loved Goldeneye. The November Man is like they wanted to make Goldeneye but then half way through said...meh I guess we kinda got a spy thriller.  

How I know this is that Pierce Brosnan aka James Bond from Goldeneye takes on Luke Bracey who stands in for Sean Bean. I honestly thought he was Sean Bean for about half the film. Sean Bean and Pierce Brosnan faced off in Goldeneye.  Additionally, the "babe",Olga Kurylenko, was the Bond girl from Quantum of Solace.

Honestly, November Man was a film that is completely forgettable.  If you have seen one spy thriller there is no need to see this one.

General Pros: Pierce Brosnan, Goldeneye, and that a spy thriller actually wants to talk about Chechnya.
Specific Pro: The foley artist were epic. Combine them with good editing and gooey perfect squish.  
General Cons: The writing, the chase sequences, and serious mood music
Specific Con: Apparently you can email editor@newyorktime.com with classified documents and just poof...information is accepted and distributed to the world. 

On a scale of blackmail to extortion, I give The November Man 2.3 out of 5 stars.     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment