Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)



"Guns are for show.  Knives are for pros."

"It's as kosher as Christmas." (Tom)
"The Jews don't celebrate Christmas."(Nick the Greek)

Hmmmmm maybe Guy Ritchie once aspired to be Yasujirou Ozu.  I have seen films of his after Lock Stock and Snatch and I think he should just keep doing what he was doing.  It's not often that I consider a film to be of quality.  Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is not perfect but it is of quality.  When people consider it along with Snatch, I hope they don't take the easy way out and say that Snatch is just Lock Stock done again.  I like to think of it as two competing recipes for a great EPA beer.  Both are beer, both are EPA's but just different.  If Guy Ritchie and actors from this movie wanted to keep making beer again and again in different variation.  I would watch it and be happy.

Ratings:

Thugs:  See it

Sting:  You are in it. (cool!)

Accenters:  See it

Hate voiceovers?: Skip it (They're everywhere.)

Poker cheats:  See it

On a scale of fish'n chips to fis'n cheeps, I give Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels 3.78 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment