Sunday, September 22, 2013

Eddie (1996)



"Stacy Patton don't play that way." (Stacy Patton -Malik Sealy)

2am and I can't sleep.  I've got an Ipad with an HBOgo connection.  What do I choose to watch?  Eddie.  Why?  I can't rightly say.  I'd never seen it before....but still I have no good reason as to why I sat through this movie.  It's really bad.

However, in retrospect, I have stumbled upon a far more interesting question.  Why would Eddie even be on HBOgo in the first place?  Why?  HBOgo only streams about 120 movies at any given time. Why is one of them Eddie?  Is there a segment of the HBO paying public who just demand C list unfunny comedies?  Do people just want to watch all of their favorite mid 90's NBA stars On Demand?  I don't get it.

Ratings:

Propbet:  My friends Dave and Zach have seen this movie.  (Possibly in the theaters.)

Malik Sealy:  We continue to miss you.

Rick Fox, Greg Ostertag, and John Salley:  You are way better actors than I could have imagined.

Writers:  As far as situation comedies go, this is some pretty flimsy writing.

Senator Clay Davis:  Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit You have a bit part as Whoopi's deceased basketball loving husband.

On a scale of Stojko Vrankovic to Rasho Nesterovic, I give Eddie 2.2 out of 5 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment