Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hercules (1997)


""if?"  If is good."  (Pain and Panic)
"It's only half-time." (Hades)

ughhhhh so I hadn't seen Hercules since its release in 1997.  And it hasn't aged well.  I remembered that I thought is was slightly stupid and not that memorable.  On that note nothing has changed.  However, now that I am older I notice that the jokes are flat, the plot blah, and the storytelling silly.  Honestly, I guess that having a narrator(s) is in the best classic Greek tradition.....but the gospel thing just doesn't work and they make the story third party and create a dearth of audience investment.

Ratings:
Paul Shaffer:  You wrote It's Raining Men Any movie with you is worth seeing

Greeks:  Skip it (..but it is a true Tragedy)

Script Writers:  Skip it (when jokes are bad they are just forced and bad.  exp: "Gee Herc, they think you're the greatest thing since they put the pocket in pita."  (eye roll -unforgiving groan)

GODS:  Skip it

Dany Devito:  You are unscathed. (could be worse.)

On a scale of Tartarus to TARDIS, I give Hercules 2.6 out of 5 stars.   

No comments:

Post a Comment