Monday, August 26, 2013

Crazy Stupid Love (2011)


"Are you Steve Jobs?" (Jacob)

I'm honestly very proud of myself for finishing this film. It could not have been more cliche.  To be more cliche would have in fact been trying.  Why did I watch this?  I don't quite get it.  Ryan Gosling's big move it to casually bring up Dirty Dancing and then do the move from Dirty Dancing.  If the big move of this movie is in fact to reference another movie....Watch Dirty Dancing.  I hated the script, I hated the characters and I most definitely could have cared less about the big twist at the end.  In other words, I think the people who made this film dreamed big but then were seduced by the dark side of Hollywood and the rom-com Hot Dish of the minute school of money making.  Blghhhhhh.  

Ratings:

Dirty Dancers: Please don't

Gosling-ites:  pays yours money and feasts yours eyes.  

Girl from NCIS and 21 (Liza Lapira):  best part of the movie

Pick up artist: skip it

Young Couples:  terrible choice

On a scale of bimbo bombo to bimbo bombo zombo vombo combo, I give Crazy Stupid Love 2 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment