Thursday, January 18, 2018

Ocean's 12 (2004)


Danny Ocean:  Do I look 50 to you? 
Basher: Yea...but only from the neck up....

Ocean's 12 is the weak link in this trilogy. Sequels that go to Europe are just cliche -like 'sexy voiced secretaries". 

The big reveal is underwhelming and the introduction of a few more characters leaves less time for those we knew.  -though hats of to Eddie Izzard, Robbie Coltrane, Jared Harris, and Catherine Zeta Jones. 

Why is it that even though I know the play, for me and for other Americans I assume, I continue to buy into the brand that Europe is sophisticated and glamorous? I've been. And I've met Europeans. I can base my heuristic shortcuts on experience...yet centuries of colonial power positioning remain. 

You kind have to watch this to complete the trilogy so...there's that. 

2.4 out of 5 for the ensemble and the dialogue, but not much beyond that. The plot is pure lunacy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment