Friday, October 23, 2015

Death to Smoochy (2002)

Image result for death to smoochy

"Don't get mad at your step-dad. It's not his fault. He's just adjusting." -Smoochy

"The Parade of Hope!. Their the meanest of all the charities." -Bert Bennett

"You know the Clunky Wunky?" -Sheldon Mopes
"Know it? I did it for my first communion." -Nora Wells

"When my brothers and I played cowboys and indians, I was always the Chinese railroad worker." -Sheldon Mopes

"Rumple Foreskin" -Rainbow Randolph

"Oh, you too big for your uncle Mort -Mr.Death to Smoochy?" -Jon Stewart, making fun of himself on The Daily Show

Let's make no bones about this.  I love Death to Smoochy.  It is amazing. Others may disagree with me. They are wrong. Pbhhhhhhh!!!!

It is crass. It is tacky. It is rude. It is generally stupid, but Death to Smoochy, is also thoroughly uplifting. The ice show with salt free pretzels, organic apple snacks, and a cathartic shiva for the recently passed Moochy is beautiful. The end credit flying ice dance sequence is also fantastic.

Danny Devito, please feel free to direct more films.

On a scale of Krinkle kids to Rhinettes, I give Death to Smoochy 3.8 out of 5 stars.






No comments:

Post a Comment